Monday, February 13, 2012

A tribute to a wonderful women

Happy Happy Anniversary to a wonderful, and truly inspiring woman. I say "happy anniversary" because one year ago today she left us for a place so beautiful and amazing.  I like to refer to heaven as a "forever home" and I say this because it is truly home.  I know she is having the time of her life visiting with friends and family and also watching over us, but we sure do miss her :(
I have to say that this picture above is one of my favorites I have.  I love seeing her grinning and enjoying her grandson irritating her as always. Anyone who knows Marc knows that he loves to do that and she loved it too! She would grin from ear to ear.  
 We were all blessed to have her in our lives and I just wanted to post a few pictures I had. Myself, I like to think God gave us another guardian angel who protects us every minute of everyday.  I also find comfort in knowing she is with so many different people who mean the world to her.  Also, I hope she has gotten to know my family members too. 


We speak of granny frequently around here and the other day I was telling Marc how much I missed calling her for cooking tips.  My Maw Maw was no longer here when I really starting cooking,but  Granny would give me lots and lots of tips.  I remember calling her one night for help to make a special meal for Marc.  I am blessed to have a wonderful mom and mother-n-law to help me,but there are just those "special" meals you remember.

Well, its been another busy day around here but things are finally settling down.  Love to each of you and Happy early Valentine's Day!!

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't seem like it's been that long. It makes me smile thinking about Marc irritating her!

    ReplyDelete