Thursday, March 31, 2011

Deer, Deer, Everywhere!

Sorry, guys... I started this post before we left Kemmerer and I am just now able to post it. Things have been MORE than BUSY!!!

Well, Marc is officially off now and after dinner we enjoyed riding around looking for deer.  Its amazing how close they will come to vehicles and people! They have a thicker coat, obviously than the deer at home, but its just fascinating to us!! We went to the car dealership and they were right in front and then they crossed the highway to our hotel.  Marc enjoyed sitting outside watching them and feeding them tostitos!




The picture on the right is the deer laying on one of the hills in town "sunning" as I would call it.  They are not bothered by humans at all!


I am not sure I ever explained Kemmerer to everyone, but here it goes.  Kemmerer is the largest town in a group of town/communities.  It is Kemmerer, Diamondville, and Frontier are the main 3 with a few small others not far away.  Having all three so close together really makes it feel larger than we expected.  One thing that has amazed us is the condition of the schools, Rec center, new community center and many others.  The locals tell us that the oil money has really helped the area and you can tell even when watching at the trash collection! Its automated!!

 Also, here are some more pictures as I promised. I have a picture of the front and back of the Middle School. The front is just the entrance and in the back you see the three stories.  The front picture would not upload right,sorry..

 building next to the Middle School is the Rec center I mentioned briefly.  This is a city center where you can purchase memberships.  Its a VERY nice facility.  I am taking this picture off Canyon Rd (one of the main roads in town) and just across this street and two or so blocks down is our house.  I really think the kids will enjoy being SO close!
I have also included a few more pictures of Marc's new work plant. Some of them are close up and some are not. 

I hope these pictures at least give you all a glimpse of our soon to be new town.  I am sorry they are not the best, but I was getting some weird looks being a stranger in town and taking lots of pictures of schools etc. 
Also, isn't the snow beautiful! I know we won't be saying this for very long but the flakes were huge and beautiful!!


No comments:

Post a Comment