Hello family and friends! These past few weeks have been very busy, but exciting!! The kids have gotten into the routine of practicing every day, and I think they like it!! They have made lots of friends on their teams too!
After 2 weeks of practice they are both playing in jamborees/tournaments on Saturday. Luckily they are in the same town so we should be able to make all of the games (unless they overlap, of course.) When we got Kayla's schedule the game this weekend was listed as "A" team only and today she found out that SHE MADE THE "A" TEAM!!! She was so so so excited and we are extremely proud.
This week they both received their uniforms so I wanted to post a few pictures of them. Blake keeps his pads in the locker room so I was unable to take on of him fully dressed.
Blake likes his pads! This pair is the one he wears for practice, the game day ones are black. He is so proud of his jersey! He gets to wear it to the high school game friday to support them!!
Here is a close up of "KK". The coaches had shirts made with the players nicknames on the back and she chose "KK." I am not quite sure why she chose 4, but I do know two of her good friends are 2 and 3.
Of course she had to take one with pups! Winston was not interested in having his picture taken.
And here they are together, proud Kemmerer athletes!!!
I like this picture too, Blake doesn't always smile for the camera so I was excited!
They had to show the back of their uniforms too. Blake is 64 and one of his friends is 65.
The kids are doing great and so happy. Kayla attended her first "slumber party" with 4 of her friends last week. She had A LOT of fun! They painted nails, told stories, played games, and talked to boys....Oh, how I remember those days! The next day they had a lemonade stand and K was so proud of her money. Blake also went and stay with his friend Michael last week too. He enjoyed it as well lots of video games, some kinect, and pizza! Him and some of the other neighborhood kids built a dirt ramp for their bikes and they play on it ALL the time. Since the kids have been making so many friends, I think we have a least one over each day. Since Marc is working nights for the shutdown at the plant we haven't been able to have any sleep overs here yet! I have really enjoyed getting to know each of them.
Hope all is well for each of you! Please check back later this weekend or the first of next week for game pictures!
Love from Kemmerer, The Wallaces: Marc, Jessie, Blake, Kayla, Beau, Winston, and Anna Belle
No comments:
Post a Comment